Paintings by Simone Miani from Italy.

Paintings by Simone Miani from Italy.
Metaphysic of Creation | 2015 | Oil on canvas | cm 60 x 60
An Interview with Simone Miani.

Who and where are you from?

I'm Simone Miani, a 33 year old painter, sculptor and environmental artist from Italy. I'm based in Cividale that is a small town near Trieste on the border with Slovenia. Here, on this peaceful hills surrounded by windeyards i live and work in my studio.

How you got into this?

Long story short... my art career was not linear, like many other artists i started when i was a kid but too bad my life took a different direction after my teenage years, my family didn't allowed me to study art and pushed me far away from my interests, so i stopped painting when i was around 18 and then for 10 years i just did a lot of different things to pay my bills, i sold a lot of different stuff from wine to flour passing by advertising products, i've been a bar tender, a card dealer, i also worked in a radio but nothing was fitting my personality, i was kinda lost.
Back then when i was 28 i just got a huge crack-up, depressions panic attacks etc...and this happens when you are far away from yourself, so i quitted everything and decide to start painting again. Family, life, society, teachers, principals...everyone tells you what you should do and when, but noone knows what kidnap your soul, what makes you feel alive and real... at the end i just decided to do what makes me wake up in the morning, and from 5 years i'm producing my artworks fulltime.

What is your driving force?

People! or better what makes them be the way they are, essentially what is invisible to the eye.

What kind of work you do and why?

All of my work is oil on canvas, i like to keep it classic. Speaking about the process, i usually have a real relationship with my models both males and females (i tried in the past to paint strangers but it just doesn't work) so i invite them to my studio and take pictures of them and then i paint the subject, as simple as that.

Speaking about my focus instead, i'm passionate about the logics that lie at the base of the human behaviour, my artistic research explores in a vertical way the self and the individual, my works have as main themes the human condition, the perception and the plurality of the “Self”. I try to offers a vision, possibly non-judging, of the subject while interacting with objects of daily life, lonesome, communicating with other bodies and in always different environments. The intent is to immortalize the snapshot of the condition of being, spotlighting its plurality, its inconsistencies, its recondite aspects. I'm also very interested on how the society cannibalize public art, and the relationship established between the people and the art but i guess this will shows up in my canvases in the near future.

Paintings by Simone Miani from Italy.
Just Stuck in Here | 2015 | Oil on canvas | cm 100 x 100
Paintings by Simone Miani from Italy.
Italian Daily Nature | 2015 | Oil on canvas | cm 200 x 90
Paintings by Simone Miani from Italy.
 About Love | 2015 | Oil on canvas | cm 90 x 130
Paintings by Simone Miani from Italy.
I Will Not Say Sorry | 2015 | Oil on canvas | cm 90 x 130
Paintings by Simone Miani from Italy.
The Four Seasons 1 of 4 | 2016 | Oil on canvas | cm 80 x 120
Paintings by Simone Miani from Italy.
The Four Seasons 2 of 4 | 2016 | Oil on canvas | cm 80 x 120
Paintings by Simone Miani from Italy.
The Secret | 2015 | Oil on canvas | cm 80 x 80
Paintings by Simone Miani from Italy.
 The Sailor | 2016 | Oil on canvas | cm 70 x 80
Paintings by Simone Miani from Italy.
5:20's pm Tea | 2015 | Oil on canvas | cm 70-Ø
Paintings by Simone Miani from Italy.
A Family Portrait | 2016 | Oil on canvas | cm 30 x 30
Paintings by Simone Miani from Italy.
 The Waiting | 2016 | Oil on canvas | cm 100 x 92,5
Paintings by Simone Miani from Italy.
Findings | 2016 | Oil on canvas | cm 100 x 135
For more of Simone Miani  Check the links below:


All Images are copyright by: Simone Miani


Enter your email address to Subscribe Artospective.Com:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment