Faces by Mayro Toyo.

Mix Media Art by Mayro Toyo.
An Interview with Mayro Toyo.

Who and where are you from?

I'm Mayro Toyo, Venezuelan based in Argentina. I have a graphic design background and I draw since I was a child with attention deficit disorder, about 6 years old. Always been attracted to colors and cartoons. My environment wasn't favorable because I grew up in a industrial/oil country and people wasn't too connected with the art but I kept the faith and the thirst to learn from the greatest artists.

What brought you to Art?

Im not sure what is is I would call it natural force, I've always thought that I was born for this.

What is your driving force?

Love, when people get connected with my work there's an interchange of positive vibes, love and gratefulness. Some people think that peace is the goal and they go do war instead of doing  art, I can't get that.

What kind of work you do and why?

I mix painting and drawing because both are my strengths. I work with acrylics because of the immediacy and the oils because of the texture (I try not to mix them in the same canvas). I like pastels because I can draw freely and I like the trace I can get.

Tell us more about your thought process.

I like the interesting faces, the human expressions, the subtle gestures, face and body, my exploration goes through the human fragility, the sensible point where I can intervene it like unexpected with colors, abstract shapes. In some way I like handle with the oposites things and make them coexist in the same canvas.

Please share with us the one modern artist whose work you find Interesting and why?

Cesar Biojo, because in some way he mixes oposites figurative and abstract.

Mix Media Art by Mayro Toyo.

Mix Media Art by Mayro Toyo.

Mix Media Art by Mayro Toyo.

Mix Media Art by Mayro Toyo.

Mix Media Art by Mayro Toyo.

Mix Media Art by Mayro Toyo.

Mix Media Art by Mayro Toyo.

Mix Media Art by Mayro Toyo.

Mix Media Art by Mayro Toyo.

Mix Media Art by Mayro Toyo.

Mix Media Art by Mayro Toyo.

Mix Media Art by Mayro Toyo.

Mix Media Art by Mayro Toyo.
For more of Mayro Toyo Check the links below:

Website :- http://www.mayrotoyo.com/
Instagram :- https://www.instagram.com/mayrotoyoart/

All Images are copyright by: Mayro Toyo


Enter your email address to Subscribe Artospective.Com:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment