Animal Portraits by Cédric Peltier.

Animal Portraits by Cédric Peltier.
My work started in 2013 with a bull I've met and I've painted many times.
An Interview with Cédric Peltier.

Who and where are you from?

I'm Cédric Peltier, a 29 years old painter, born and living in Paris.

What brought you to Art?

It's quite difficult to explain, I've always felt attracted to Art, without even considering to become an artist. I was fascinated by people who could draw and when I was 19 years old, I decided that it was time for me to act and to take a real risk in my life.


What is your driving force?

Well, my painting aims at giving a voice to Animals. I want people to get aware that beauty, pride, honor are not only human concepts and that we share our planet with extraordinary neighbours.

What kind of work you do and why?

I work on the Animal's Condition for quite a long time. Mixing big study drawings (with charcoal and abstractions) and Paintings. These study drawings help me to understand the structure of each animal I'm going to paint. And then, I try to reach something deeper with painting, using Caséine, because it's a natural paint, respectful of our environment and ideal on wood panels.

Tell us more about your thought process.

I've started a new serie of paintings featuring wild animals evolving in our cities as if it was totally normal. This serie aims at showing that we've barricaded ourselves instead of having tried to live together whereas in the end, with a bit more attention and interest we'd have noticed that we're not that different to each other.

Please share with us the one modern artist whose work you find Interesting and why?

How can I not talk about the one who taught me everything? His name is Jean Michel Bénier, he's a French painter and he was my master during several years. He told me the most important thing in painting: it's a serious act, deep and which could change the world.
I have seen him evolving so much in his work and I truly think he's reached something high in painting. Especially in the interpretation of the landscape.

Animal Portraits by Cédric Peltier.

Animal Portraits by Cédric Peltier.

Animal Portraits by Cédric Peltier.

Animal Portraits by Cédric Peltier.

Animal Portraits by Cédric Peltier.

Animal Portraits by Cédric Peltier.

Animal Portraits by Cédric Peltier.
In 2015, I wanted to understand owl's world.
Animal Portraits by Cédric Peltier.

Animal Portraits by Cédric Peltier.
In 2016, I've started my study drawings for this new series I'm working on now.
Animal Portraits by Cédric Peltier.

Animal Portraits by Cédric Peltier.

Animal Portraits by Cédric Peltier.

Animal Portraits by Cédric Peltier.
And then, in 2017, I've started my new series featuring wild animals evolving in our cities.
For more of Cédric Peltier Check the links below:

Instagram :- https://www.instagram.com/cedricpeltier88/
Facebook :- https://www.facebook.com/cedricpeltier88/

All Images are copyright by: Cédric Peltier


Enter your email address to Subscribe Artospective.Com:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment