Block Art by Cristina Céspedes Bracho.

Block Art by Cristina Céspedes Bracho.
An Interview with Cristina Céspedes Bracho.


Who and where are you from?

I am Cristina Céspedes Bracho, with Degree of Fine Arts since 2005 and Culture Manager in art & museum since 2010. I was born in a coast city in the south of Spain, Malaga.

How did you get into this?

When I was a little girl I learned to paint with the oil technique, thanks to my mother who saw me in something special and enrolled me in an academy. Art has always accompanied me. After the Career I also studied Decoration. In a master's degree in Art History, I discovered that I could not only do pictoric works, but I could also work in large urban interventions. I dedicate myself to cultural mediation and bringing art to different audiences in museum halls has made me look for interactivity in my works.


What is your driving force?

I research and play with various supports, looking for new languages, having as a technique of preference the oil, which has accompanied me since very small. The expressivity of color is fundamental in my work, as well as the energetic brushstroke, making its mark evident and turning the action of painting into a process of personal liberation.


What kind of work do you do and why?

The interactivity with some of my pieces is important, I allow their gamification, getting the viewer involved. The subject creates his own works based on what has already been created, generating new meanings and also becoming part of them with his action.

My work in recent years is centered on the impersonal portrait, based on photographs taken or found that serve as inspiration to represent the passage of time and gestures in the faces, reflecting the discomfort, indifference or nonconformity of a society in decadence of which we are all part.

Block pieces are works that can be decomposed. Faces that can be interchanged, combined with each other, interact with each other showing empathy. Full portraits are reacting to an outside stimulus with their gestures, but they can easily be decomposed. I catch a simple reaction that changes nothing of the world around them, it is not goodness simply empathy.

Block Art by Cristina Céspedes Bracho.

Block Art by Cristina Céspedes Bracho.

Block Art by Cristina Céspedes Bracho.

Block Art by Cristina Céspedes Bracho.

Block Art by Cristina Céspedes Bracho.

Block Art by Cristina Céspedes Bracho.

Block Art by Cristina Céspedes Bracho.

Block Art by Cristina Céspedes Bracho.

Block Art by Cristina Céspedes Bracho.

Block Art by Cristina Céspedes Bracho.
For more of Cristina Céspedes Bracho Check the links below:


All Images are copyright by: Cristina Céspedes Bracho 


Enter your email address to Subscribe Artospective.Com:


Delivered by FeedBurner

6 comments:

  1. What an awesome post, I just read it from start to end your blog post. Really an informative blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your great information, It is too useful for me. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good post, thank you. I am surprised to find your website.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post is very interesting to me. Reading was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, amazing blog format! How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging look easy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. “You are so entrancing! I figure I haven’t actually examined anything indistinct at this point.

    ReplyDelete